On this Episode of Unbound Conversations
In today's world, being focused and engaged in the present moment is difficult for individuals and teams due to uncertainty and rapid change. On this episode, Dr. Brent shares how we can develop an internal locus of control for greater life satisfaction and tap into a flow state for peak performance.
Listen to the Episode
About the Guest
Dr. Brent is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (#2618) in British Columbia, Canada. He has earned his Master’s in Sport Psychology and Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. While Brent has trained and practiced as a therapist in the past, his passion is in high performance psychology and executive coaching.
Throughout his education and training, Dr. Brent focused on exploring the science of individual and team flow-state. Flow is those moments of being in the zone, when we feel and perform at our best. Brent's Doctoral research uncovered how mindfulness and emotion regulation may help people gets the best out of flow-state, while protecting against its potential dark side. Most recently, Dr. Brent created FlowRx, a unique Team Flow program which helps organizations create optimal collaboration and innovation.
- The internal vs. external locus of control and why it matters
- What to do if you feel out of control and life is happening to you
- Doing vs. being — how you can be present and feel a sense of wholeness
- Balancing self-determination and group interest
- Exercises you can do today to identify your values which guide you to a more impactful life
- Ways to bring flow into your life, so there is order in your day
- We are as sick as our secrets — how being vulnerable helped Brent when he was suffering