On this Episode of Unbound Conversations
In this episode, Rupal shares candidly her experiences of her CIA career and working in war zones. Tune in as we also explore some key insights from her new book, practical advice for having difficult conversations, Rupal’s end-of-year reflection exercise – and the importance of family and helping other people.
Listen to the Episode
About the Guest
Rupal Patel’s high-octane career as a CIA officer turned serial entrepreneur has taken her from military briefing rooms in jungles and war zones to corporate boardrooms and international stages. After a career at the CIA, she earned her MBA from London Business School and started her first award-winning business over ten years ago.
As a sitting CEO, author, strategist, coach and mentor, Rupal helps founders, executives, and next generation change-makers reset their mindset and make the impossible possible. Her new book, ‘From CIA to CEO’, provides a powerful new toolkit for living and leading that reveals how the techniques of the CIA can help anyone find their voice and thrive without conforming to stale stereotypes or dated “best practice”.
- How Rupal ended up briefing the president and military teams in war zones
- Why it is important for leaders to embrace that they don’t have all the answers
- How Leaders can trust in their people and gain trust in a high performing way
- Making the transition from a career in the CIA to being the CEO of her own company
- The importance of making space for end-of–year reflections and zoning in on that one big thing for 2023!