On this Episode of Unbound Conversations
When Patrick received a call from his coach announcing that he would row in the World Cup, it should have been one of the happiest days of his life but instead, the news triggered panic. In this action-packed episode, Patrick shares how a near-death experience shaped his worldview, together with the important lessons learnt.
You’ll hear how he transformed his fear of flying into flying acrobatics and stunt planes in competitions, bringing mountain bikes up Mount Kilimanjaro, visiting Ukraine five times during the war and all of his wild adventures. Patrick inspires us to confront our fears and rise above them, proving that anything is possible when we find strength within ourselves.
Listen to the Episode
About the Guest
Patrick is a best-selling author, technology entrepreneur and active angel investor. Currently he is the CEO of DaVinci 3.0 – a company that has revolutionized mining cryptocurrencies using only renewable energy sources, and helping fund more renewable power generation.
The early part of his career he helped build over six million square feet (600,000 square
meters) of data centres for clients like Microsoft, Computer Associates, Lawson and many
In 2020 he released the book Fear is Fuel - the surprising power to find passion, purpose and peak performance which hit #5 on the Wall Street Journal Best Seller list in March of 2020. He’s completed two TEDx talks, and the #1 Talk at Google for 2018.
He holds 10 patents, has an MBA from the University of Virginia’s Darden School and a BS from the University of New Hampshire. He finished 2nd in the Olympic trials in rowing and holds several world-first athletic achievements, and is an award-winning stunt pilot.
- Why courage is the most important virtue and how stepping into it will transform your life
- The near-death experience that changed Patrick’s life forever
- The power of visualisation and how to do it correctly for maximum impact
- Patrick’s parenting mistake and what every parent must know
- Key insights learnt when Patrick interviewed 35 neuroscientists for his book, Fear is Fuel
- Visiting Ukraine five times during the war and the possibility of transforming fear into resilience while embracing life in any situation